The Macebell Maniac Network by Jake Shannon

THE ORIGINAL. THE BEST. THE MACEBELL.

How do you integrate macebells into your workout?

For example, I lift 3 times a week. I have an A Workout and a B. So, one week I do ABA then the next week BAB.

Pretty simple.

I do kettlebells as cardio on the days I don't lift and take Sunday off. My kettlebell work consists of Swings and Snatches done in rounds of 2-5 min.

Now . . . I'm thinking that I will integrate the macebell on the day I do kettlebells . . . include it as part of cardio . . . and as I get stronger/more skilled with it, the macebell will phase out the kettlebell as my main "tool" and the kettlebell will be something that supplements the macebell cardio workout.

That's just a basic concept.

How do others integrate the macebell into their weekly routine?

Thanks

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use macebell on the days that I do kettlebells as well. I mainly do 10 to 2s and 360s in long sets because I am training for macebell sport, but a macebell Mjollnir VO2 is a great cardio workout. I posted my version of the VO2 protocol here.
What exactly is a "Mjollnir rep?"

(I assume it means you're pounding on a tire with the macebell - using it as a hammer. So every time the macebell hits rubber, that's one rep.)

I found this on wikipedia: In Norse mythology, Mjǫllnir is the hammer of Thor, a major god associated with thunder in Norse mythology. Distinctively shaped, Mjöllnir is depicted in Norse mythology as one of the most fearsome weapons, capable of leveling mountains. Though generally recognized and depicted as a hammer, Mjöllnir is sometimes referred to as an axe or club.

By the way . . . where do you find these large tires?
The Mjollnir is one of the exercises that Jake teaches on his video. You're right - t's a two-handed sledgehammer strike, and each strike is a rep.

Tractor tires are easy to come by in my neighborhood (Laramie, WY) but large construction tires will work as well. In some cases, tire shops are willing to give them away, just to get them off their property... ;)
I workout 4 days a week and try to get in some conditioning workouts in on lift days and non lift days and will split it up depending on what im working that night like say if if im doing heavy squats , ill do macebell/kettlebell/clubbell upperbody and vice versa...main reason for me is not only for the cardio but also to keep the joints mobile and I feel alot better when get the blood pumping and do the extra core/grip work the macebell provides

RSS

CUTTING EDGE ENGINEERING - OLD SCHOOL STRENGTH.

Blog Posts

visual of the 10 exercise test

Posted by matthew cascioli on December 16, 2013 at 11:40am

3000 Rep Fitness Challenge!

Posted by John Roche on April 29, 2012 at 12:05am — 1 Comment

Two Movement Total Body!

Posted by John Roche on April 7, 2012 at 10:50pm

© 2014   Created by Jake Shannon.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service